Thursday, June 26, 2008

So a police car pulled into my driveway...

Apparently, despite rumors, life is kind of eventful around here. There was a report of a car parked at a house where it was not supposed to be. Of course, the car is the same color as mine. They sent the police officer to the wrong house. So here I am, on my day off, playing friv.com when I see the reflection of someone pulling up. I glance out expecting my landlord...nope. A city police car. :o( Is there something wrong at work? what have I done? are they kicking me out of town?

I open the blinds so that they know I'm here...and, because I don't want to just burst out of the door, I sit back down to play friv.

Seconds tick by....nothing....then my landlord is knocking on the door. "Emily! It's ____" I go to the door and he explains that the policeman was sent to the wrong house....he didn't want me to worry....and then got the policeman to explain what "he did wrong". The policeman apologized even though it wasn't a big deal...it's not like he took me in for questioning or anything... :D

Both my landlord and the policeman headed back to what they had been doing...I went inside. I heard, "Mr. _____, do you mow this yard here?" I'm thinking, oh no....I should have mowed it before Mr. ________ got to it because now I'm going to be pulled up on some type of city ordinance because I don't mow it often enough. :D Turns out he was just going to see if I needed a "yard guy". Mr. _____ apparently let it be known that he does mow my yard...a fact for which I am very grateful.

Don't think I can count today as boring.....

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi, Emmy! I started up my own blog and tried to friend yours, but I'm not sure how to do that...if it's even possible. Talk to you soon!

<3, Becky