Monday, June 23, 2008

Tick, Tick, Tick

(written March 29, 2008)

Ok....within a matter of days I will be, beyond any shadow of a doubt, in my mid-twenties. I can no longer claim to be in my early twenties. I have reached that "point of no return" and am on the steep slope to my late-twenties.... ;o) Coinciding with the marking of this quite daunting milestone is the completion of my first full year at my current job. What all have I accomplished in the last year?

I think some good things, but they all seem to run together. Now for a "brief" review of the last year....I've moved into my own place to which the local police have only been called once. :) I have been hit by a deer resulting in the loss of a portion of my front bumper. I have been pulled over for pulling out of my driveway. I have driven out of state (ok...maybe I should have already done that but c'mon). I have traveled overnight via Greyhound without knowing anyone else on it.

Anyhoo. A few weeks ago I was plagued by a series of joint and muscle pains. This, along with the looming age increase, motivated me to do perhaps just a little better than I had been. Maybe this way I can prolong the need for a cane until, let's say...maybe 55. ;o) I have since been making a serious effort to eat things like... vegetables and... fruit!!! I even bought myself a box of Raisin Bran and I'm actually eating it! Ok, so I also bought a pint of chocolate milk which I took down in one sitting. (I can't be too drastic you know or my body might go into shock) ;o)

I also purchased an "air bike". woot. I put it together all by myself! Beyond just purchasing it....I have actually ridden it!!!! Sadly, my favorite part of getting it was the addition of three cute little tools to my recently gifted tool kit (I have an unhealthy fascination with Allen wrenches and this one is magnificent!) The process of putting the bike together took me an entire evening. Upon "completion" of the putting together, I realized that I still had 4 washers left over. Oops. I thought about just leaving them off, but I located their position on the very confusing and intimidating diagram which looked like it might be some military secret.So my random ramblings.....Sorry you wasted your time reading them. I am going to start whittling my cane just in case.

No comments: