Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm walking, yes indeed....

*written August 2, 2008*
Ok...so I learned something today...involuntarily.
FACT: It takes me exactly 10 minutes to walk to work. (somehow that seems very Dwight Schrute-esque there)

This was not a discovery I was eager to make. Especially since part of it involves a highway. It started when I got ready for work early (thank goodness). I went out to my car and cranked it...it died immediately. I cranked it again...it died immediately again. I tried a third time and no cranking....just a pathetic *click* sound. It did this the other day. (The other day I cleaned the battery posts and it cranked right up.) Well, the battery posts were still clean, there was nothing I could do right then regarding the car, and I had to be at work in 25 minutes.

So in this wonderful "feels like 97" degree weather, I started walking. The journey began on the highway on which cars zoom past much faster than they should considering they have entered city limits. The second half of the expedition is on a road just off the highway which intersects with one of the city's main roads. It is on the corner of this "off-road" and main road that work sits. Well, 10 minutes and many sweat droplets later (my elbow was sweating it was so hot outside), I make it to work. Even though the air is not working, it feels SO much better inside! Now if that wasn't enough...I was working on a teen display yesterday based on the idea of having a "license to read". I had printed out part of the bulletin board stuff, but my printer was out of color ink. I had left what I had printed out on the desk in the office. So, when I walked in this morning, one of the first things I saw was "No Car? No Gas?"...I laughed.

Never a dull moment,
Emmy

No comments: